I was tagged by the wonderful Natalie over at Gothy Two Shoes … and that means I get to fill out this little questionnaire and tag three Gothy Darklings. Hmmm … I tag my fabulous pal, The Goth Gardener, the beautiful GothicSoulFlower, and the magical Ms. Misanthropia.
Getting to know me! Getting to know all about me ….
THE DARKLING TAG!
- What is your favourite candle scent? Yankee Candle’s Harvest
- Do you have a favourite book? Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights
- Are you a tea or coffee person? COFFEE, but I do get on a “tea kick” once in a while
- What is your favourite perfume/cologne? Pumpkin Queen by BPAL, but alas, they don’t make it anymore. I’m down to my last drop. *sniff*
- Do you have a celebrity crush? hmmm … not really. David Bowie was more like my compass … my Freak God instead of a “crush.”
- If you could change your name to a stereotypical 90s/2000s gothy name, what would it be? Aconite … and that’s what it was in the 90s. Ahem.
- What are your top three tips for surviving hot weather while black clad? Don’t go out. Seriously, living in Texas has taught me that going out in the summer is overrated. Honestly, LOTS of sunscreen, a floppy hat, a good parasol (no lace!), loose clothing, and cotton underwear/bra.
- What song always makes you happy (doesn’t have to be a goth band?) B-52s Private Idaho. I will always sing it … LOUDLY.
- Are you active in the arts (eg. Play an instrument, paint, write, etc)? I teach Art History … and I paint, draw, knit, and sew. So yes.
- What is your number one non-gothy hobby? What exactly is a “Gothy habit?” We are but mere mortals with mortal habits, no?
- If you could be a supernatural creature, what would it be and why? A Vampire and not for the usual reasons. I have way too much cool stuff to research, read, and write that it will take more than one lifetime. Plus, it would be really awesome to get into all sorts of art museums at night. See next question.
- What horror monster-bases super power would you have? The typical Vampire powers, but mind-control/influence would be great. That way I could influence guards of museums and libraries to let me in to do my work at night. But then again, wouldn’t I have a Ghoul to conduct my research during the day? That would be awesome too.
- Do you feel confident or comfortable interacting with other Goths or gothy people (online or irl)? Why or why not? Sure. I feel comfortable around all sorts of people. It’s the kind of person I am.
- Is there something you wish there was more of in your subculture? Sigh … less know-it-alls and blah-blahs … more people who don’t just depend on being “goth” for a personality. Folks like to hide behind labels quite a bit and I’m getting too old for that crap.
- Care to share an embarrassing story related to your “darkliness”? I was advising a student once and rolled over my long, black skirt with my chair. Geez, I couldn’t move and started laughing so hard that my student must have thought I was nuts.
- How are you at DIY? Not too shabby.
- I love watching cheese romance films. I like romantic comedies, so yes.
- I ALWAYS remember to wash off my makeup at night. Ahem …sure thing.
- I sleep with plushies. Does Pumpkin and Ed count?
- I wear non-black pyjamas most nights. True
- I think Andrew Eldrich is overrated. No, not really. I think he’s full of himself and he protests too much, but overrated? No.
- I don’t like vampires. False,.
- I don’t like clubs. False. LOVE THEM and so sad I don’t get to go out anymore.
- I don’t enjoy graveyards. WHAT? I LOVE THEM.
- Blood makes me queasy. Not really.
- I’d sooner faint than pet a spider. Oh yeah, TRUE.
- I don’t like haunted houses. False.
- I’ve never read Dracula. False.
- I think “Bela Lugosi’s Dead” is a long and boring song. False.
So there you have it, some fun for today! 🙂